View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 07:20   #20
Neil
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: another accident.....

I have seen the plans for this roundabout at an Area Council meeting, about 2 years ago. It is not a mini roundabout, it is a big roundabout. As you approach the junction from the Ossy side the roundabout will be to the left of the current road partly in the field. Yes I know what you are all thinking, why have they just spent our money resurfacing the footpaths next to the junction that will be dug up for the new roundabout? Maybe Dorothy could answer that, I am sure she reads this site ( don't they all?

They can not put lights on the junction as it would not comply with some road building regulations. It was also stated that some people would ignore the lights at night with them being out of the way.

Incidently it was stated that the roundabout may stop accidents caused by the crossroads but that accidents could occur on the roundabout just like at any roundabout and that it was not a perfect solution to the problem. I don't suppose you can have a perfect round junction unless you remove all the vehicles

LCC have moved very slowly with this scheme. Like I said the plans were displayed about 2 years ago and the money was made available at that time.