Thread: Holidays
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 16:37   #23
Eric
God Member

Re: Holidays

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossy kid View Post
On Saturday we,re driving 1500 miles north to Whitehorse in the Yukon, we,re taking it easy and doing it in three days, then on Tuesday we,re going another 500 miles to Haines Alaska. The next five days will be spent fishing for halibut and chinook salmon and of course putting out a few crab traps, camping by the sea and dining royally, I hope. I hear the bears will be competing for the river fishing but as far as I,m concerned it,s no contest, if they want the fish I,ll go to the chippy, if there is one. Anyway I,ll try and post a few photos of our adventure.
Sounds like a great time .... and it's always no contest with those cute and cuddly bears around Seems like you guys are paying more for gas than we are; I got it for $1.14 a litre in Gananoque yesterday. But the price is up and down And there's nothing like fishing to relax you This year I decided to have a "staycation" ... I guess that's the new buzz word for having a holiday at home .... I'm trying to enjoy Kingston as a tourist rather than a resident, and it's not too bad .... went to the Military Communications Museum the other day (CFB Kinston is the home of the Canadian Signals Regiment) and it was great. And I will take my time and do other local things .... Fishing, of course, manily Bass and Lake Trout .... I'll take in a Blue Jays game or two .... hopefully the Yankees will be in town (have to check the schedule) ... lots of things to do right here around home (well, within a 300 km radius) .... but I envy you your trip to the north .... beautiful country up there .... enjoy, look forward to seeing the pics
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote