View Single Post
Old 11-08-2008, 08:41   #13
emzy
Senior Member+

Re: Why we should sterilise teenage girls ... temporarily at least

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loz View Post
Think sex education is a good thing but only after a certain age.
When i was in my last year of primary school i remember a nurse coming to the school to talk to us about sex,at 11 years old i think it was pointless and not needed.
If they started with it at 15 years onwards then i think that is okay but putting ideas in young peoples minds can only be a bad thing imo.

15 yr old is to late in many cases, I am 26 now and when I was at school there were 3 people I knew pregnant either by or at 15, and it has got worse since. Many people I know had their first child at around 18 / 19 which is still young and you are still a teenager at this age. Most pregnancies I know of have not been planned, mine wasnt but it happens. When they are younger parents, many of them tend not to have the same patience as and older parent and may not know how to deal with many situations thrown at them as a parent. It isnt easy being a parent, let alone a single parent (and I know this) and many of them are single mums.

Not sure if sterilisation is the way to go though, seems harsh but will stop pregnancy at a young age, but may not be right personally, thats controlling someones life.

I think if they are educated it will help, and this should start at starting secondary school. Many girls are at that age then where they could fall pregnant by this time and the lack of education would not help the situation
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote