View Single Post
Old 16-08-2008, 12:39   #11
jambutty
Apprentice Geriatric

Exclamation Re: wonder if this will happen here?

At least the Germans have recognised, in a roundabout way, the rights of everyone.

I see that the German anti-smoking lobby burbles on about clean air and the right of non-smokers to breathe it. I know that German motor engineering is superb but their vehicle engines still chuck out more poison than fags ever did. So where is this clean air?

I also notice that there are advocates of the owner of a business premises where the general public can enter having the right to decide for himself whether to run a non-smoking bar or a smoking bar. Market forces will decide if he made the right decision.

But the chances of our ‘control freak’ government back tracking on the orders of Brussels is remote in the extreme. They are too busy trying to line themselves up for an even more lucrative gravy train in Brussels.

If this government can give away our fishing rights in our territorial waters to the Spanish and French to the detriment of our own fishing fleet then it really is a question of “How high” when Brussels shouts ‘jump’.