View Single Post
Old 18-08-2008, 10:11   #20
polly

Re: Bad Reporting???

Quote:
Originally Posted by keetah992000 View Post
if children are polish/asian/arabic or basically do not speak english a a first language at home than english is classed as a additional language -i suppose that this is one plus if they are being supported as it is often hard for children for whom english isnt a first language to settle at a nursery .

I dont know what to think about this report - it doesnt sound as if the actions are maliciously being done - it looks like a nursery that has been opened without proper planning and perhaps too many children were enrolled at the start leaving not much time for planning and adjustment
I remember thinking i was seeing things when i saw this place on warner street as it does seem an odd place for a nursery.

Perhaps the owner thought it was a good place for a start up and were planning to move to bigger premises - what seems good on paper doesnt always work out in reality.
Good luck to them lets hope they are working hard to put things right. x
I got a different impression. I wonder how many of the staff are young and with minimum qualifications.
I also wonder how children with English as an additional language (interesting that they use the word additional not second) are supported. There are a number of implications here but I do not think we should pursue them without further knowledge
polly is offline   Reply With Quote