Thread: Cowshed Power
View Single Post
Old 18-08-2008, 17:06   #1
Oldgobbin
Full Member+

Cowshed Power

It might be said that this post belongs on the Ian Craney thread, but I believe it has far wider repercussions and may, in the end, result in further decimation of what is already a wafer-thin squad.

There is a certain vociferous minority of “gentlemen” of a certain age who frequent the cowshed and who, I believe are, in the long run, doing no good for the club. Their latest exploits came at the Aldershot game, where strident cries of “B**ger off to Morecambe, Craney, you’re no bl**dy good” could have done nothing for Craney’s confidence, or, indeed for his inclination to stay and win promotion with Stanley.

This same group, last season, went a long way towards destroying Shaun Whalley, with the result that his home performances in no way matched some of his man-of the- match shows away from home. You aren’t going to perform with shouts of “Whalley, you’re not fit to play for a pub team!” ringing in your ears.

Okay, I haven’t always agreed with Coley’s tactics or team selection but, simple soul that I am, I feel that, as supporters, the very least we can do is get behind the guys in red on that field. I’ve even been known to shout words of encouragement to Branch on occasions – and that took some doing!

To link once again with today’s latest squad development, I feel that there are people who call themselves supporters, who need to look very closely at their actions, whether it be in the cowshed or here online, where match-winners are sometimes dubbed “Useless”.

If you want to drive away good players, so be it, but, for my part, I support Stanley, have done for many years, and will always try to give 100% support to the players who represent them.

Goodbye and good luck Ian Craney, make the Huddersfield fans proud of you. Good luck Shaun Whalley. Keep doing the business for Wrexham, even though it is at Blue Square level. I hope the supporters of those clubs deserve you more than ours do!!
Oldgobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web