Thread: Pedigree Dogs
View Single Post
Old 19-08-2008, 14:49   #4
emamum
Senior Member+

Re: Pedigree Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Ender View Post
I also don't like tail docking and I'm pleased to see one of my favourite breeds, the Cocker Spaniel, is now often seen with a natural tail, though I don't know if the Kennel Club has accepted it yet.
Defra, UK - Animal Health and Welfare - Animal Welfare - Draft Animal Welfare Bill - Circus Welfare Working Group

Quote:
Tail Docking

This information applies to England only.
The docking of dogs’ tails has been banned in England since 6 April 2007.
There are exemptions from the ban for certain types of working dog, or where docking is performed for medical treatment.
There is also a ban on the showing of dogs docked after this date at events where members of the public have paid an entrance fee. This ban does not apply where a dog is shown only for the purpose of demonstrating its working ability.
The exemption allows certain types of working dog to have their tails docked by a veterinary surgeon. The dog has to be no more than 5 days old and the veterinary surgeon must certify that he or she has seen evidence that the dog is likely to work in one of the specified areas.
Owners and keepers wishing to have a working dog’s tail docked must ensure that this is undertaken in accordance with the law.
To access the Animal Welfare Act 2006 and The Docking of Working Dogs’ Tails (England) Regulations 2007 visit the Office of Public Sector Information.

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote