Thread: Craney Off??
View Single Post
Old 19-08-2008, 23:31   #148
carpon
Full Member+

Re: Craney Off??

Whilst I'm sorry to see Craney leave, numerous positive points seem to outweigh the negative points in this deal.

£200K plus (if the "undisclosed figure / fee is to be believed )towards funding the building work that needs to be completed and no doubt a large wagebill off the payroll for a player who only seemingly had 12 months left on his contract,would seem to be a good bit of business.We have to face facts that we are a Selling club and in this case, unfortanetely the present financial situation at the club and faced with the offer on the table...needs must. And this time Alty don't get a large cut of the pie.

Negatives....We've lost a player who had undoubted ability, that some may argue he never properly showed to his true potential.The lad gave us all plenty of good memories and was an INTEGRAL part of our rise back to the football league. I for one thank him for the memories and wish him all the best.

After reading the squabbling that this forum seems to have descended into following Craney's sale, one fact remains.

We are now another player light in a considerably depleted squad. No matter which way you look at it, with Grant out injured for what seems to be four to six weeks and the closure of the transfer window looming ever larger, my only hope is, that whatever slice of the available funds can be afforded to Coleman is used to bring in a replacement, possibly two, who can help to strengthen the squad. After all, remember the disastrous run of form we had in our first season back in the league after the sale of Roberts and Craney.

True, we may have a points cushion now, due to three rival clubs facing points penalties due to their own financial problems, but I for one wouldn't want the club to rely on that situation to ensure a fourth season of league football.

As for the squabbling.........division and a lack of unity between supporters only creates negative vibes, which, I for one am sure the players may possibly be able to pick up on.

All in all, division, lack of unity between fans..... Hardly motivation is it ???

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.

Last edited by carpon; 19-08-2008 at 23:33. Reason: typo
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote