Thread: Pedigree Dogs
View Single Post
Old 20-08-2008, 13:58   #21
jambutty
Apprentice Geriatric

Angry Re: Pedigree Dogs

One woman in that programme admitted that she spends £40,00 per year on vets’ fees for her show dog.

And some dog breeders dismissed outright the accusation of poor health etc caused by the way they breed dogs.

I understand that there is a similar problem with cats but not with horses. I’m sure that some cat lover or horsey person will jump at the chance to tell me I’m wrong, if I am.

Even a spokesperson for the Kennel Club wouldn’t accept that if the rules were changed it would make a difference. His excuse was that breeders would still carry on breeding as they do but the Kennel Club would lose contact with the breeders, or should that be bleeders.

If the Kennel Club took the lead and changed their rules to prevent father to daughter breeding or sibling breeding etc in the same way that human breeding is not allowed, then the breeders would have to fall in line.

It seems to me that the Kennel Club is scared of losing its status in the doggy world.