View Single Post
Old 27-08-2008, 20:36   #12
Busman747
Always EVIL within us

Re: The Right To Bear Arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Many people in Canada are hunters and own rifles and shotguns for the purpose of hunting, which is strictly controlled by Federal and Provincial Governments. As a rule, you find more homes with guns in them in the rural areas of our country.

- - - but I support the legal possession of firearms if there is a good reason for having them .... and I argue that hunting is a good reason ...
You have an understandable viewpoint Eric, but Britain is vastly different to the USA or Canada. There are very few areas that are safe to "hunt" and even fewer species that can be "hunted."

If Britain allowed possession of firearms, they would almost certainly be used on burglars or the louts that intimidate normally law-abiding citizens from outside (or inside) of their own homes

We live in a culture that prohibits the use of force, even a walking stick to protect our home and families. The police are unconcerned that you hear burglars downstairs, they make an appearance 36 hours later to record any missing items - - -

Most Brits would welcome the right to arm themselves but the courts would be clogged with criminals suing them.

"Honestly your 'onour, I were persuing my vocation in robbery an' this fella 'ad the audacity to pull out a gun and fire at me just when I got to raising me knife against 'is throat like"