View Single Post
Old 30-08-2008, 11:31   #18
keetah992000
I am Banned

Re: You will join in

That is so out of order
If i was going in for an op that meant i couldnt eat for the previous day and thought that people eating in front of me would make it more difficult - I would take the day off work however i understand that ramadan is a fairly long time.
I know that part of the ramadan fast is a test of willpower - it wont be much of a test if nobody is eating would it.
Like you say the e-mail was probably sent by one of the councils PC guys - who was no doubt typing it on his laptop whilst sat in a lovely restaraunt filling his belly on company expense.
I feel sorry for muslims when things like this happen because it can cause them to feel singled out. I remeber when 9/11 happened were i once worked - all of the muslim workers were taken into an office and the mananger chatted to them about how they felt the community and how they were being treated ensuring that they were okay. Nothing was said to non muslim workers and the muslim workers were told not to discuss the agenda of the meeting.
after that all of the muslim workers sat together didnt integrate as much and were guarded. There was no reason why al staff couldnt have been talked to altogether as it affected everybody , no matter what your culture was .
keetah992000 is offline   Reply With Quote