View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 14:22   #110
jambutty
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: You will join in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
It depends what you mean by "devout". Just because a Muslim follows his religion devoutly does not necessarily mean that he is willing to follow the edicts of the "hardliners". My Muslim mate is devoutly fasting for Ramadan, but he tells me that he regards the hardliners with nothing but contempt (although, of course, he could be lying!).

As for Enoch Powell, it's a pity he didn't think about this in the fifties when he was the Minister of Health and actively encouraging immigrants to come over here to work in the NHS. However, you're right, there are areas where the predominant population is composed of immigrants and their descendants. However, I don't see how that proves that they are planning to "take over". There's an area near me that largely comprises those of West Indian extraction - are they planning to take over, too?

I agree that their are parallels to be drawn with pre-war Germany, though - just as Hitler and the Nazis sought to use the Jews as a scapegoat for all that was wrong with the country, so many in the UK are using "immigrants" in a similar way.
Devout means devout and has only one meaning. – deeply or earnestly religious. Although it can also be applied to other areas, wrongly in my opinion – like a devout supporter of Accrington Stanley or a devout reader of a particular author’s books.

A person who is deeply religious will do whatever the leaders decree otherwise they cannot be seen as devout followers.

As I have already stated, in days long gone by Catholics would do whatever the church told them to do for fear of being excommunicated and damned to eternal hell. Islam is no different with its hold on Muslims.

I didn’t say that all Muslim communities are planning to ‘take over’. I stated that it was the hard liners with that plan and if the religious leaders said, “jump” the automatic response would be “how high?” Not, “Well I don’t agree with what you want me to do.”

The time is not right yet for the hard liners to insist on the Muslim masses to follow their ruling. They are not strong enough yet. But when it comes to Muslim matters Sharia Law is being implemented in spite of the fact that it has no legal standing in this country. But it has been muted to integrate parts of the Sharia Law into British law. Another thin end of a wedge.

I can’t help but wonder what will happen if all the 51 councillors of Tower Hamlets are Muslim? There is a majority of 31 now with only 36% of the population Muslim.

I do believe that the majority of the West Indian immigrants were Christians and as Christians they came to a Christian country.

I do not see the immigrants as the reason for the state of this country. That is down to the politicians and greedy have’s. You can hardly blame the immigrants for taking what is on offer. What you can blame the Muslim immigrants for is the cunning way that they have played the ‘race’ card and now benefit from positive discrimination.

But if people don’t want to see what is in front of them, that’s their lookout. Time will tell!