View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 11:17   #15
WillowTheWhisp
Resident Waffler

Re: McCain's Running Mate.... no surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashman View Post
Here in Canada and living next door to the Mercans you learn to differentiate between the image/presention and reality.

So far she has

1) A Knocked up 17 year old unmarried daughter (So much for her religious family values)

2) Accusations that she influenced the firing of her brother-in-law who divorced her sister.

3) Reports that she made a presentation at a political party who wanted to separate Alaska from the USA.

She's not exactly squeeky clean bit let's see if the Mercans buy it.

I'm curious about point 1. She has personal views of family values as I do but she can only hope to influence her daughter as I hope to influence mine. She cannot control everything the girl does. The daughter has her own mind. And as most parents know if you push too hard all you get is rebellion. I notice that she hasn't thrown her daughter out on the streets with the old fashioned "Never darken my door again!" ringing in her ears. I would say her reaction, although probably upset by the situation, has been one of Christian values caring for her daughter. After all Jesus said we should despise the sin but love the sinner.

Don't know enough about the firing of her brother-in-law or the circumstances surrounding it so I won't say anything more on that. (lol, I sound like Forrest Gump!)

This Alaska thing - is that a bit like Scotland wanting to break away from the rest of the UK? Did she address them for or against?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote