Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: if a mouse farts..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Must be your dish, I put my own up last yera with a quad head
signal strength is shown as 90% plus on most channels.
It is not the signal strength you want to be looking at but the signal quality. Sometimes I have seen the signal level low but the quality high and it works perfectly. That is using one of the inline meters not what the sky box tells you the level is.

When you use a quad LNB each of the 4 lnbs within the unit is in effect sharing the reflected signal by the dish. This does give slightly lower signal levels. This tends to be compensated for on modern LNB as they have a fairly low signal to noise ratio compared to those of a few years ago.

I still think that this far north you are better with a zone 2 60cm dish instead of the 48cm zone 1 dish that the installers use for cheapness and ease of installation. You would be less likely to loose signal with the larger dish. I the past when the weather has been bad and my sky box lost signal, I have moved my 1m disg around to the sky satellites and managed to get a picture no problem.

Who said size does not mater?

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
ahh but virgin have much better recievers than us common folk , im sure if i had their setup i woudlnt be having any problems
You would not fit one of their dishes in your garden mate