View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008, 13:47   #31
jambutty
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: The enemy within

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Can we have a mouse over link to the ones who post negative Karma without leaving a name?
These members who have got sufficient points to leave Karma should be identified.
I would support such a move or any move that identifies the person making an award of either type. The Rep Power value (an unfortunate choice of description) means little to me, although some people seem to think that with a high RP they can do what they like with impunity.

Good manners decree that when being given a gift you should thank the giver. You can’t do that if you don’t know who the giver was.

Anonymous and often derogatory or vile comments accompanying a negative award are akin to getting an anonymous poison pen letter in the mail.

There are forum rules about abusing members or posting insulting or nasty posts (not that they seem to be enforced) and a facility to report them.

A comment is to all intents and purposes like a post in the forum except that it is private so we should have a means of identifying the poster.

No reasonable person could object to being able to identify who makes Karma awards and the comments that accompany them.