Re: Who Is Fed Up With Football?

To answer the too much football question how about this -

5.30-6.00 BBC1 Neighbours
6.00-6.30 Five Home & Away
6.30-7.00 Five Family Affairs
7.00-7.30 ITV Emmerdale
7.30-8.00 BBC1 Eastenders
8.00-8.30 ITV Coronation Street

EVERY NIGHT, 3 hours solid of soaps (that's two football matches!). THEN, on saturday during the afternoon on Five there is a Home & Away omnibus, an Eastenders omnibus on Sunday afternoon, a Coronation Street on Sunday also. Add to this the repeats of Family Affairs and Home & Away every day at 12.30 on Five, AND the Neighbours episode at 12.50 every day.

Even just taking the weekday evening episodes of these tragic events in consideration that adds up to 15 hours a week of soaps.....and every two years you moan when a little bit of football slightly disrupts your viewing?!?! I wont lie - I don't like soaps.

If anyone is sick of the football then just ignore it - dont read the newspaper articles and switch over when it comes on the tv news reports. I, personally cant stand the fixation with celebraties (A,B,C,D or even E-list ones) and their banal, meaningless 'antics' - I really dont care if Britney Spears has dyed her pubic hair polka-dot, so you know what - I do my best to ignore it, I dont read the gutter press and I dont watch any of the so-called 'entertainment' shows on tv - Hey Presto, it no longer intrudes into my life and I am no longer fed up with it!