View Single Post
Old 11-09-2008, 20:11   #38
shakermaker
God Member

Re: McCain's Running Mate.... no surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancYorkYankee View Post
Golly day, to think only psycho's, nut, wackos, fundamentalists, etc, etc. over here like McCain/Palin. I guess I, and Millions of other good, noraml Americans fit in there. First off, for the Bush haters, John McCain, to his detriment (IMO), is no George Bush or typical Republican. Sarah Palin is a breath of fresh air. Finally, a regular person going to Washington!

Obama has an absolutely terrible voting record. Additionally, his wife and her past writings/statements, scares the bejesus out of me! Ombama's never even held a regular job. All he, and his lunatic pastor, seems to want to do is play the race card. I hope it comes down to pure experience. This Independant is satified with the McCain/Palin ticket. I think the media has once again sensationalized some of Palin's miscues and Biblical views.

Just wished to voice another opinion on this matter. I just don't see things as bad as stated by some of the above comments.

Brian
Oh come on LYY. McCain has openly said on many occasions that he agrees with Bush on every single issue. He would not do anything differently. Is that really a good thing for America's economy, global reputation and position in Iraq? Clearly not.

How can you say that Palin's religious views have been sensationalised? She has been directly quoted - and shown in videos making these quotes in full context. Have you read the article in my first post in this thread? She has claimed the war in Iraq is God's cause for crying out loud. Why would anyone want that in a position of power!?
All I hear from the Republican camp is claims of Palin's "executive experience", "executive experience", "executive experience". No. Surely the Republicans aren't making statements with meaningless jargon?

Obama has never "played the race card". It's only the Republicans with their predictable and weary politics that have claimed Obama is playing the race card. Cheap, easy shots. As usual.

How can you have respect for a party and a candidate that puts out a smear advertisement on television just hours after the 'lipstick on a pig' comment? Especially when McCain used the very same turn of phrase for Hilary Clinton!

Barack Obama is the only one that can pull America out of this mire. The States and the world will be in a perilous situation should the Republicans get into office again. The world is tired of their idiocy.

Hopefully the votes will be actually counted this time.

Last edited by shakermaker; 11-09-2008 at 20:14.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote