View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 20:56   #40
Caz
God Member

Re: Parenting classes

"Give me a child until he is 7 and I shall give you the man"
Yes we've all heard this. Maybe there is some truth in it. But that still depends on their upbringing.
How are the children from the programme that used that saying doing these days? Would be interesting to know. We must be due another update soon. Are we saying that we can't change a child after this?

Why just till 8?
Can vouch from having 6 kids meself, all of whom have been through the teenage years, the worst is yet to come, lol!

If you haven't got it in you, to be a decent parent, or ask for help if you are struggling, which comes naturally, I would say, if you want the best for your kids. Then, maybe, you would need help with these skills. But would this kind of parent ask for, or even want the help, as they are often much more concerned usually with themselves than their kids?

Agree to some extent with what Margaret P says about mimicking our own parents parenting skills, this is often the case for the worse, things going from bad to worse through generations of a family. these cases i would say cause a lot of problems in todays society. But not all of us whos own parents parenting skills leave a lot to be desired do this, they tend to go to the other extreme, wanting to make sure their kids have a better upbringing than they them selves got.
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote