Thread: Help Is At Hand
View Single Post
Old 13-09-2008, 09:28   #17
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Re: Help Is At Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
I haven’t got a loft either and my flat has been recently done up with double glazing and draught proof door. I’m not sure about the cavity wall bit. I can’t find any plug marks in the outside walls, so maybe it hasn’t been done.

But as someone pointed out on ITV’s Teletext Letters page 328, if you insulate a house too well you get a condensation problem (We all breathe out moist air) so you have to have vents to keep the air circulating or open a window for a while and the heat leaving. It sort of all defeats the object of the exercise.

This Gordon Brown initiative is just a huge con. Tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of home are already insulated so the occupants will get nothing. And those that will benefit they will have to find the full fee first before claiming back half. Unless I’ve read the deal all wrong.

The only real answer is for the government to buy 51% of the energy company shares and cap prices at the same inflation level that is used to determine pension increases.

All the rest is just a waste of taxpayer’s money.
I saw that on Ceefax too JB, and I think the writer had a point, but I agree its just a con, my gas and lecky bills have just gone up by £30 a month, yet no amout of gimics will help me pay the extra cost