View Single Post
Old 16-09-2008, 20:55   #40
blazey
God Member

Re: Sharia Law Rules OK!

Why does nobody kick up a fuss about sharia banking? That is different than our traditional banking but nobody seems to say 'well if they don't like our banking why don't they go to a country that offers the banking they want'.

I don't know anything about sharia law but I may get a chance to study it when I go back to uni because I've picked a module that looks at various types of law around the world, so perhaps I will be able to make a more educated opinion on whether I'm for or against this because in reality I don't know what the differences would be, so for all I know it could be better than our current system.

Would opinions on this be different if we had (say) French law incorporated into our law? Our law doesn't originate from British ideology anyway does it, it's taken from all sorts of ancient law.

I'm not saying that it is wrong to oppose the changes because you could be right for all I know. But the law is influenced by international laws all the time so I'm not really willing to rule it out without even knowing what it is about, and unfortunately I'm not satisfied enough by the knowledge the media gives me on it to make that opinion.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote