View Single Post
Old 17-09-2008, 12:34   #83
Loz

Re: Sharia Law Rules OK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Forceful? Try radical followers of Islam who blow people up in the name of Allah, and Christian radicals who indoctrinate young children into living for hate and train them to publicly assault people who they see as 'fags' for not living by God's will (as seen in Louis Theroux's 'The Most Hated Family in America' programme, and countless other reports).
No atheist has ever set bombs off in the name of Atheism, as the minority of religious radicals have done for their belief.
Well said Shakermaker!
Have to say i'm with Margeret on this one.
I went to a CofE school and a lot of time was devoted to the church and religion.
Apart from our regular R.E classes,we had assemblys with the vicar and sang hymns and had to go to church regularly too.
I hated it at the time because i thought it was boring!
As i got older i realised i not only found much of it boring and pointless but ludicrous too so have never set foot in a church since and am a committed atheist.
I'm not saying i'm right and i won't attack people for their beliefs,each to their own,just that i don't and will never understand religion and people who are deeply committed to a faith.