View Single Post
Old 17-09-2008, 17:26   #10
jambutty
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: The Tooth, The Whole Tooth And Nothing But The Tooth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Some areas are better served than others and in some areas it's totally impossible to find a place with an NHS dentist. To accuse the parents of child abuse when they themselves may very well be tearing their hair out at the lack of dentists is a little naive to say the least.

Check ups do not come under "emergency treatment"
Too many people are prepared to sit back and bemoan their situation rather than making an effort to do something about it. For a start bug NHS Direct, then bug your MP. Not just once but over and over. If enough people do so it will show that there is an URGENT need for more NHS dentists and the message will get back to the appropriate minister.

Hundreds of dentists from the EU arrive in this country to set up NHS Dental practices all over the country. Blackburn Dental Centre is one such place where they have 8 dentists at any one time, all bar one none English. My current dentist is a rather large lady from Poland and my previous one was a chap from Spain and the one before that was a bloke from some European country. All were competent and spoke good English.

Parents who do not make a real effort to get a dentist for their children are neglecting their kids.

I never stated that check ups come under emergency treatment, so why bring it up?