View Single Post
Old 18-09-2008, 16:13   #109
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Re: Sharia Law Rules OK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Domestic violence and the hate of homosexuality is much further spread than just religious teachings, but whilst we're on the topic this country was once dominantly Catholic, a religion well known for it's distaste for homosexuality and unequal treatment of women.

We're also a country with a lovely grim history in the slave trade. How can we stick our noses up at one culture when our own is just as disgusting in comparison?

We claim to be more civilised than many countries and yet I keep hearing the 'when in rome' type arguments and I find it quite annoying because it implies that our way must be the right way, yet I just need to look at the headlines to see wide spread crime, suffering and the failings of the government that was chosen by our so-called 'we know best' nation.

Currently I would say we are in a bit of a national crisis and at times like these when our government is useless and nothing seems to be getting any better, how can we blame people for turning to God as one last desperate bit of hope and faith.
Our way is the right way, in OUR country, and if people want to come here then they abide by our way or sod of back to where they came from, end of you silly little naive girl.

Last edited by jaysay; 18-09-2008 at 16:16.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote