View Single Post
Old 18-09-2008, 18:27   #112
blazey
God Member

Re: Sharia Law Rules OK!

If things our being done the right way in this country then why are our children stabbing each other over their pocket money, our women being raped by our own, our elderly being mugged and left to die in the street, not to mention the homeless people we ignore.

From what I understand of this issue, as a law student, is that the only sharia law that would be enforced IF ACCEPTED BY BOTH PARTIES, is that of which doesn't breach the Human Rights Act.
I know you are thinking of the Camel's nose, but really, unless something extremely dramatic occurs any time soon then I doubt we are going to see a change in the law that affects a huge portion of the popularity.

Besides, how many of you would like to enforce strict muslim punishment on paedophiles? If that was the suggestion then how many people would ignore the camel's nose and enforce it?

How can I be naive when I am one of the few people on this forum who actually dedicates their life to studying the law and society? I have to spend 40 hrs a week studying these legal problems before I take time to come online and discuss them for fun.

I might be young and indeed I may even be silly at times, and I've no doubts I'm probably smaller than you. But please don't insult my intelligence with your petty comments.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote