View Single Post
Old 19-09-2008, 16:30   #43
Eric
God Member

Re: McCain's Running Mate.... no surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
Noting that she will be only one missed heartbeat away from the Presidency , I have concerns about her foriegn policy experience , it's well to remember that her first Passport was only issued in 2006 . I don't think having bi-lateral talks with the B.C. provincial Govt. about road paving issues on the Yukon Highway will count for much in the 'Grand Game'
Hey, those British Columbian's are tough barginners ... think it's something to do with the fact that marijuana is BC's leading cash crop.

Back on track .... spoke to a friend of mine the other day; she is American, Harvard PhD. in sociology. She came to Canada to teach at Queen's, and stayed. What she did point out to me ... and this is something I hadn't considered ... is that there is a very large constituency of right-wing women in the States, and that the choosing of Palin was a very shrewd strategic move on the part of the McCain campaign. I had assumed that women in the US were like those in Canada, where women tend to vote centre, and left of centre rather than for the Conservatives.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote