View Single Post
Old 20-09-2008, 06:09   #51
steeljack
God Member

Re: Yate's Wine Lodge Blackburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gilmartin View Post
Was there the Legs A Man, and the Merchant around that area, I remember all the rest. The one accross from Tony's Ballroom and was next door to what was once the Co-op Emporium which is now the library was it the Oueens.
Alan , your a diamond , think that was the Lion pub on the street behind to Cashys less salubrious haunts, (the Sun and the Swan,) going onto Fleming square where the Knife shop (Little Sheffield) was , I've been wracking my brains over this thread and the location of places , had the Dun Horse confused with the George and Dragon etc.

just hope one day I don't end up with sodding alziemers and start wandering around Northern California in my pyjamas asking directions to the Black Abbey

re. the Merchant .......seem to remember going in there when I was about 16/17 it had a reputation as a 'gay" (not called that in those days) pub and we (a bunch of lads from Ossy and Accy) wanted to see what 'they' looked like .

( note to younger Accy-webbers, this was in the days when Gays didn't exist, apart from a certain Clayton club owner who your parents told you to stay clear of , but not why )
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote