View Single Post
Old 23-09-2008, 22:05   #51
steeljack
God Member

Re: McCain's Running Mate.... no surprises

1) She advocates that victims of sexual assault pay for their own rape kits;

Believe this only applies if there are no signs of force involved (bruises etc)and alcohol involved as a way of discouraging frivolous/false charges being brought and destroying some guys innocent reputation

2) The lie about support for the Bridge to Nowhere and keep the money after the project is scrapped;

not true , the funds were available for use by the Alaskan dept.of transportation to be used by the Alaskan State Govt. on any project . ( I'm not a big fan of Sen Ted Stevens, but he works for his people and brings back the bacon)

3) Her attempt to ban books and threaten to fire a librarian, who may have had a nominal income;

Nonsense , she asked what criteria the library used when selecting books .......books paid for by the taxpayers of Wasalia ......wouldn't you like a Mayor/Council Leader who counted the pennies

4) Billing the state $20,000.00 for working at home

ever heard of telecommuting ? its a quite popular concept these days , unclogs the freeways, reduces carbon emmisions. Or would you prefer she commute daily/weekly from her home in Wasalia to Juneau a distance of about 500 miles

4: Her limited knowledge or experience with foreign affairs and her questionable knowledge of the US constitution.

ok , will admit she has a bit to learn about foriegn affairs . Knowledge of the constitution .....think most U S would politicians have a problem with this one , but I think she knows the difference between the truth and a lie ....e.g Bill "I did not have sex with that woman" Clinton ....said under oath during his disbarment hearing deposition

not making any excuses for the lady , but I just wish the leftish media would tone down a bit , I'm still undecided who my vote will go to , but its unlikey to be either of the two main candidates , still a toss-up , a write-in for either Ron Paul or Ralph Nader .
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote