Thread: New Tesco Store
View Single Post
Old 24-09-2008, 05:29   #168
mani
Senior Member+

Re: New Tesco Store

i'm sorry andrew but thats rubbish.

for all the pound stores in accrington where you can pick off the odd bargain its been proven that stores in and around the town centre aside from those belonging to big companies simply cannot buy at the prices supermarkets can.

some of the bargains i got from asda recently

jumbo pack pampers nappies £8 - boots as big as they are sell them 13
persil washing up liquid - 50p normally around the 80/90+ mark
daz powder big box £5 - normally around a tenner

as big as wilkinsons, woolies, superdrug, boots and the other companies are - they aint gonna be getting those prices. places like home and bargains etc get the items when they're close to end of line or they're matchin asda's etc prices

my brother owns an off-licence in london and he says the wholesale price in london for a case of beer sometimes is more expensive than what shoppers can buy at asda.

at the moment

asda - 16 cans of sprite for £3, graco car seat £25 normally 45 supa-noodles 5 for £1
tesco - tesco value toothbrushes - 7p 7 frikking pence. ok they're not great but brilliant for doin a spot of cleanin etc. castrol oil for 11 normally £20
morrisons - phillips energy saving light bulbs 5 for 50p

all those offers available within a 10/15mile radius.

no shop in town can without taking a hit give back some of them offers.

they wont be cheaper maybe better quality but then your paying for it. but for alot of people, alot of whom make up the accrington demographic - the low income families - these cheap deals are what get them through. not quality but quantity.