Thread: Blackburn 24/7?
View Single Post
Old 24-09-2008, 11:31   #60
booth76

Re: Blackburn 24/7?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
At the time I couldn't actually see those, so when you said start a 'group' of your own it sounded like something totally seperate to the Blackburn 247 'group' I thought I was already a member of. Like the different groups on Facebook which you don't even know exist until somebody invited you to join one. Maybe it's the name 'group' which is confusing. Are they more like the different threads on a message board and actually within the group as a whole? I'm used to message forums in different formats but the structure of this new thing is just a bit puzzling.
Just think of groups like 'clubs'

Each group has it's own bulletin board, commenting system, members list and the creator of the group can post files, images, etc.

It's so that if someone wants to begin some niche subject and there isn't a forum for it, and it's deserving of more than just a thread (which info can easily get lost in), they are able to do so. At the moment because there isn't a forum we are just using a couple of the groups for discussion.

For example if someone wanted to create a group for Oasis fans they could.

The difference between our site and say Facebook, apart from its local flavor, is that ours will have a forum eventually. So those that prefer the social networking aspect can use that, and those that prefer a traditional forum can stick to that. There's some cool features to the new forum, but it's early days yet and it isn't ready to put on there.

What I do prefer about this new system is the privacy options that members are able to implement, and that's why it was introduced.

Last edited by booth76; 24-09-2008 at 11:33.
booth76 is offline   Reply With Quote