View Single Post
Old 26-09-2008, 19:22   #1
Caz
God Member

Residents in plea to get rid of hostel.. it's not just you that suffers

In the Observer this week
Residents in plea to get rid of hostel - News - Accrington Observer

Whilst having every sympathy with these people, and what they have to put up with, (brought to light recently because of the near fatal stabbing in the area)

What I would first ask..Was this incident as a direct result of the hostel? (the Observer doesn't make it clear).... Maybe someone could enlighten me.

But then, you don't have to have a hostel in your vicinity to suffer with these sort of problems

Quote:
Neighbours have reported problems including loud music, obscene language, vandalism, evidence of drug use and regular fighting. Police regularly attend the premises – especially at weekends.
Erm..we get that on a nightly/daily basis. Also, cars revving, skidding, horns blaring, car radios at full pelt. People using the street as a garage, so residents have to edge their way between them. Kids throwing stones, vandalising empty properties and setting them on fire, fights, windows smashed, insecure properties.. people peeing in full view of residents, puking over peoples walls...
The people on my street use foul language as a part of their vocabulary, day and night, drunk or sober....

Litter eminates from a certain property on my street, as does most of the "anti social behaviour" here. Could assume, but not be certain that some illegal activities also stem from there.

Before you ask.."have you done anything about it!" Yes I have. Made so many phone calls to the council & police , I am sick of it.

Latest update is that, as a result of my many complaints, I have had a "courtesy" call, and local police officer and pcsos are going to keep an eye open in the area...
Only time I've seen a psco here is when someone had a dodgy personalised number plate...

As far police being called out at weekends, if they came when we called them to incidents in this area...geez... I'd be ecstatic! Plus they'd never be away, lol! We usually have to wait till the next day..!

Wonder if anyone will read this and recognise themselves (as guests presumably! ) Probably not. They are probably too thick skinned or too lacking in intelligence to do so.

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web