Thread: Peer pressure
View Single Post
Old 27-09-2008, 22:47   #18
katex
Resting in Peace

Re: Peer pressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
I agree with ringing her Grandma or ringing you, but why does she need to text her friends, whom she's probably spent all day with at school anyway.

I'd put a limit on it, abuse it and loose it, no aw mum either.

Retlaw.
Thing is Retlaw, things have changed. As Gayle as stated, Maddie is never on her own. Gone are the days when you came home from school, had yer tea and then went out playing with friends. They come home and sit at home or have accompanied interests, so the need to keep in touch with their friends is probably important to them.

Gayle, you know full well, you are going to buy Maddie one. She is only viewing it as a 'toy' and not an emergency facility at all, although this may be one of arguments she puts forward to you (we girls are clever).

I have changed my mind about this recently as the way of the world now, just as long as she knows how to use it in an emergency and not to intrude in other people's space, then OK. 'Course you will have to restrict the money you feed into it .. best to have pay as you go. Would arrange a deal for a certain figure every ? months, etc., and that's it.

As said, try not to ring it yerself, as a no reply only worries .. my 18 year old grandaughter never answers my textes or calls (unless in her own interest), but I know full well she has seen them.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote