View Single Post
Old 01-10-2008, 09:57   #25
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Re: Norhtern Ireland to abolish prescription charges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
BBC NEWS | Health | Brown in free prescriptions vow

heard this on the radio the other day

its no good to my dad now because he is 63 and gets them free anyway BUT for the last 17 years he's been on Warfarin to thin his blood and has had to pay for his scripts, he used to buy a yearly certificate that cost quite a bit of money

mad when your on medication for life
Not a lot of people know this flashy, but people who do not have what they call a prescribed disease ( a condition which you can get free prescriptions, i.e diabetes) can actually apply for a exemption certificate. As you know I suffer from asthma which is not on the list, and I used to get a season ticket (pre-payment) I called into my docters to get a form to renew my certificate, and was told that with my condition and the number of drugs I was on I should apply for an exemption, to the family practitioners committee, which I did and then got one. This was a few years ago,so I don't know whether this still applies and I think the family practitioners committee has changed its name, but concidering my monthly prescription is usually 15 items I think that I could be concidered to have a life threatening condition and have had fr 30 years now