View Single Post
Old 19-06-2004, 18:20   #13
Henry Morton
I am Banned

Re: Message from Eric

As Secretary of the Supporters' Club I feel obliged to respond to the reports in this thread.

The showing of England's Euro 2004 matches in the clubhouse was neither formally debated nor voted upon at our Meeting last Monday.

During a break in formal business, some Members and the Stewardess had a discussion about how Sunday's arrangements had gone ; the consensus was that it had been a very successful occasion and that credit was due to the organisers. Members were told, however, that nothing definite had been arranged for the following Thursday (one of the organisers, Rob, was away). The Stewardess told Members that she felt Thursday evening in the clubhouse would not be a success and that she thought it unlikely that the bar would open for Thursday's game. Members were disappointed to hear this.

At no time has the Supporters' Club attempted to influence whether England matches would be shown in the clubhouse or not. Quite simply, it is not within our remit.

I am dismayed that anyone should think we would sabotage something so obviously popular with Members and non-Members alike, and I cannot begin to understand how or why we have been so badly misrepresented.

(Don't worry - no messengers need fear for their lives)
Henry Morton is offline   Reply With Quote