View Single Post
Old 02-10-2008, 01:39   #4
Eric
God Member

Re: What policies should a political party have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothernature View Post
Whilst checking out the policies of the political parties, I decided they really haven't got a clear and concise idea about what the general public really want from them. Neither did they seem to be too clear on how they really intend to put the Great back into Great Britain.
So my question is this. If you could choose a policy to suit the general public, what one policy would you have?
I don't think that one can select a single policy, other than a vague one, such as "do the best for Britain." I think that one has to choose between ideologies. Choose the party that best represents one's political beliefs. I was born working class in the days that people were proud to be working class. I vote for the party that promises to do the best for the little guy, the working stiff that is the backbone of any country; and the guy who gets the shaft from the rich and the powerful and the callous. In Canada, the party that best represents my political biases is the New Democratic Party, which is a Social Democratic party, very close to Labour, or what Labour used to be.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote