View Single Post
Old 05-10-2008, 09:39   #27
mothernature

Re: What policies should a political party have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Don't think it matters that much anymore, as the majority of legislation that affects our lives is now decided in Brussels. The Lisbon Treaty will be forced through, despite Ireland voting against it, due to the inherently undemocratic nature of the EU, taking us one step further along the road to a federal Europe. Westminster is increasingly becoming an irrelevancy, so the policies decided there will matter less and less, as time goes by.

Therein lies the crux of the problem. We should never have handed power over to any other state. As I see it, if you don't live/work in any given area how do you know what the true problems are. I certainly wouldn't come to Ossie and state you need more bins on the streets. I wouldn't have a clue if you did or didn't need them. Europe is so far removed from England I doubt it could find it on the map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Go on, you asked the question, only fair you get to answer it first.

I've thought long and hard about this and I am torn between what matters most to the general public. Reading comments here, there and everywhere leads me to think that Crime is the main concern for most people. Having said that though, I think crime may only be a main issue if you have been a victim of crime. Therefore I think my one policy would be Immigration Control. If you come to live here, you shouldn't be allowed to claim benefits, health care (unless an emergency) or housing rights.
mothernature is offline   Reply With Quote