View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 11:46   #27
blazey
God Member

Re: Single Mums....... of 7....

How can you blame the landlord for that local council agreeing to paying the rent he demands? Should he be charging her less out of good will? I wish my phone service provider would charge me less, that would be nice. Or my University rent which is always on the increase.

People will always take advantage of what is on offer to them, it is natural to get the most you can possibly get rather than short selling yourself. Where as it is the councils which are making these silly decisions and making these ludicrous things possible.

He's renting out a huge property, not a poxy council house. All properties which are rented out and paid for with financial support from the local authorities are assessed to make sure the council aren't getting ripped off, so someone must have gone round to this property to value it and said that £12,000 was suitable in accordance with the value of the property, so the Afghan landlord can hardly be to blame, where as I'll say it again, the council have not acknowledged that the property is ridiculously out of the ordinary for a family surviving solely on benefits.

Yes the rules and regulations are wrong, but I still say that the landlord cannot be in the wrong if the council have followed correct procedure.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote