Thread: Charity Money
View Single Post
Old 14-10-2008, 14:53   #23
mothernature

Re: Charity Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Presumably the people who work for charities need to eat and clothe themselves and also have gas bills and leccy bills and water bills and council tax and mortgages/rent like the rest of us. If they worked full time for the charities without pay how do you suggest they pay their bills? Or are you actually suggesting that charities should ask for unqualified volunteers to do the work in their spare time and possibly make a complete pigs breakfast of it?

Isn't the idea of volunteering for a charity that you give your time freely and without pay. Many charities rely on the many generous folk who do just that. Why should someone make money doing what a lot of volunteers already do for nothing. I can see no benefit in paying for a fundraiser and I'm almost sure 15 or so years ago charities didn't rely on employing people to do that.
I don't think anyone is suggesting qualified persons shouldn't be employed by charities (vets, doctors, etc) but any monies raised shouldn't be used for something that for years has always been done by volunteers.
mothernature is offline   Reply With Quote