View Single Post
Old 18-10-2008, 14:25   #6
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Re: Cutlery manners ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Well would need one to cut yer steak Jaysay, but the trend is now to cut, disperse with knife and just use fork to spear and enter into your jaws.

Know we have had threads like this before, but wonder if it is time to assess our cutlery etiquette for more sensible guidelines .. I mean, teaching a child how to use a knife and fork 'properly' takes hours of practice.

Know what you mean Accylass re. mouth open .. my son was regularly getting chastised off daughter for this when he was little. Mind you, even now, eats food far too quick so reckon never gets time to shut his mouth. Daughter once had to give him the Heimlich Manoeuvre .. due to not chewing long enough ... not like there is any pack competition...
Good heavens kate you mean you can afford steak. but seriously know exactly what you mean, its a while snce I went out to dine, but many a time you would see youngsters just using there fork, infact I was looking through a catalogue only this week and there was an item in it call forknife, it was a fork with one edge sharpened like a knife, and hats the gospel truth, so where is it going to end