View Single Post
Old 23-10-2008, 13:58   #35
entwisi
God Member

Re: new bt call plan for those on benefits..

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Does this mean if you lose your job you should cancel your phone line
If you can't afford it then yes, just like selling the flash car, cancelling the 3 weeks in Florida, etc. Its not essential to life. By making teh call early on you give yourself the best opportunity to keep teh really essential things going like food, shelter, heating etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I'm sure there must be loads of circumstances where job hunting at home is better than trekking to a library. Some people may not even have a library that close to them. I have no idea what sort of facilities libraries have or even how many towns don't even have a library. Do all libraries have internet facilites ?
I believe so,

if you live miles from a library then you are likely to live miles from employers, to quote " get on your bike" you need to consider if you are in the right location to get back in employement. I've been lucky in my work to now and have a very good well paid( if stressfull) job. If it all disappeared tomorrow I have always said that I can drive, I can wait tables, I can work a bar and I'm a qualified chef. If I'm out of work its because I'm a lazy git and no other reason. It may not be a 'career' job or even one I enjoy butI'd do it till something better came along.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote