View Single Post
Old 23-10-2008, 15:36   #44
Lilly
God Member

Re: new bt call plan for those on benefits..

I for one have no beef with genuine claimants of benefits and do not look down on them at all, I don't get the impression that anyone on here does.

There is a lot of help out there for people on benefits......free dental treatment, free prescriptions, free school meals to name but a few....and now, it seems, money off the phone bill.

This is great for the genuine claimants as it all makes life a bit easier for them.

I have said this before....I get annoyed by people who have no illness/disability but pretend they have. They know all the loopholes and claim everything they can get their hands on. The ones I know have more disposable cash than me but never get off their bums and do a day's work for it.....oh no, they're not stupid they tell me.

I wouldn't tar everyone on benefits with the same brush. I know there are two very different types of claimant and I have no problem with one, it's the other. It's very frustrating to be at work knowing you are paying for people who are as strong as an ox to sit at home and there seems to be a lot of it about.