Thread: Fireworks
View Single Post
Old 28-10-2008, 11:37   #18
jambutty
Apprentice Geriatric

Exclamation Re: Fireworks

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Ender View Post
Well, yes, as a child I did think about cats and dogs, actually, even though I had a Cocker Spaniel with the "gun dog" trait in her character that made her impervious to bangers. I always had cats, too, and they were cosseted on November 5th. I used to let off fireworks on Bonfire Night, not the night before or the week after.

It's pretty obvious, from your post, that you were one of those kids who went around letting off bangers all the time they were on sale, just to annoy/frighten everyone else. I wouldn't boast about it if I were you.
It comes as no surprise that the first “holier than thou denial” comes from you West Ender. It was expected.

It also comes as no surprise that you had the auuuuuudacity to make a definitive statement about my childhood/fireworks experience, with nothing more than an uneducated supposition. But then that is what know-it-alls do. Maybe you should take to heart the following:
The older I grow,
The more I recall,
How little I knew,
When I knew it all.
-- Anon

I guess that your crystal ball let you down or did your familiar get in the way of your viewing?

To set the record straight – I didn’t have the money to buy fireworks until I started work and by then I had better things to spend it on. However that doesn’t mean to say that I wasn’t around when fireworks were being let off, I was. But I didn’t give a thought to the effect on animals and old and nervous people.

Finally, I would be interested to be shown just where there was a boast in my post.

Oh! Silly me! I forgot. It is your forte to comment on something that was not written just so that you can make an infantile point.