View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 21:50   #100
Meccy

Re: Jeremy Clarkson....Another Celeb Loose Lips.

Boeing Guy,

I'm with you all the way mate but I have a sneaking suspicion that we have more chance of finding an honest man in parliament than getting our point across.

It is plainly ridiculous to think that free speech is dangerous. It is only dangerous to those who would subdue it for their own ends. I am quite sure that most of the people on here are moderate and well meaning but, if they cannot divine what you mean from your well made argument (Kudos by the way), then I think that they are a lost cause.

I will never give up in my belief that the right to free speech is fundamental to human existence and will defend it to my dying breath. One thing that has not been said that with rights come responsibilities to your fellow man. Yes we must all behave responsibly and we are all made aware of that from the cradle. The laws are their to protect us from those who reject that. We should always however have the right to speak our minds. Many have died to protect that right and we must guard it closely.
"Remember us." As simple an order as a king can give. "Remember why we died." For he did not wish tribute, nor song, nor monuments nor poems of war and valour. His wish was simple. "Remember us," he said to me. That was his hope, should any free soul come across that place, in all the countless centuries yet to be. May all our voices whisper to you from the ageless stones, "Go tell the Spartans, passerby, that here by Spartan law, we lie."
Meccy is offline   Reply With Quote