View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 16:59   #22
cherokee
God Member

Re: New virus warning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
That is a little unfair. We have had many threads about that type of email being spam and just ignoring them is the best thing to do.

Ian was just pointing that out and my comment about posting the link was supposed to be advice not condemnation.

The best thing to do with anything that says "pass it on to everyone you know" is to pass it on to bin.

Mel, I apologise if my post offended you. It was brief because I was supposed to be working.

Apology accepted

Neil it wasnt the advice given that offended and I 100% agree that these emails are only fit for the bin but this particular one concerned me purely because of the link it provided, I rem seeing on here somewhere i think, that the website that the link provided was a cautia (sp) one (Maybe im wrong with it being here but will certainly check)
Hence me putting it up on here although I didnt mean to put the actual link on. And rather than foward it on i decided to air it here where I knew someone would possibly know if it was good/bad
What does annoy me is the attitude that comes across in certain posts that we shouldnt put concerns like this up on here, which dosent really look good for our newer members.
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote