View Single Post
Old 13-11-2008, 09:07   #28
Studio25

Re: New virus warning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
For gods sake I didnt put this on here to be attacked by you bloody know it alls...

wish Id not bothered now.
Accyweb is supposed to be a friendly forum not somewhere to be attacked for trying to do the right thing
The danger of a text-only format is that people trying to help might be misconstrued as being a "bloody know it all"- Even the smilies don't always get across the true intention of the message. I'm not saying that the first set of replies weren't meant the way you interpreted them, I'm saying that if you read them in a different frame of mind, they could just as easily be helpful pointers to someone who doesn't know that this sort of warning is always a hoax.

Apart from what's been said already, the key things to note are the "Microsoft" and the "Norton" bits. On the one hand you have a company not competent to identify flaws in their product before it goes out of the door. On the other hand you have a company whose core product is to protect against and fix viruses, so it's in their interests for people to be infected by them!

I do think you need to look at the timing of the messages. There was just 30 minutes between the start of the thread and the penultimate message before yours that I quoted. That's not a huge window, and suggests a whole bunch of people thinking "Let's nip this one in the bud" at the same time. However because there's a lot of them, saying essentially the same thing, it looks like an attack.

We all need to chill. Less of more of

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote