View Single Post
Old 24-11-2008, 20:44   #24
Gordie

Re: Benefit cuts for single parents

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
It seems that the Government are about to start a witch hunt on single parents for children aged 12 and over (7 and over in two years time) They face losing 40% of their benefits if they can't prove they are actively seeking work. I know nearly everybody has a view on this issue, but for my own part I think they are treading on very dangerous ground, for on, no two peoples circumstances are the same, and there are a lot of single parents would love to go back to work, but at a time when unemployment is likely to rise to close on 3 million, this may not be the right time to embark on this action
Well its a start in the right direction.They should lose their benefits if they can`t prove there seeking work.Why should other working tax payers support them and there children when they are capable of working. Regarding a lot of single parents would love to go back to work maybe but how many did work before they had children.I think most would more likely love to stay supported by the tax payer.
Gordie is offline   Reply With Quote