View Single Post
Old 25-11-2008, 09:54   #35
Lolly
Senior Member+

Re: Benefit cuts for single parents

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
It is all well and good cutting benefits, the social services would rather a woman looked after the kids than working, because there is a theory that working mothers can cause emotional damage to thier kids by working too many hours, so, which should it be? work and scar your kids for life, or not work and be considered a scrounger but the kids will grow up into wonderful little people? with a stable mind! (though in my experience, the kids whos parents dont work are the worst behaved and most challenging)
I disagree with this i'm afraid. Both my parents have worked long hours all my life, my Dad was a fireman which, for a young child, was very distressing (was he going to come home that night?) but it certainly didnt scar me for life. It made me realise that a parent/parents can go out to work when their children are young. I went back to work a month after I had Harry, because I loved my job. I have worked throughout Harry's life and at one point had 3 jobs. I certainly havent missed out on anything and he is a wonderful little person, and isn't scarred for life! I would never want to be on benefits, I never have claimed them and have no intention of doing so.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote