View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 16:41   #102
katex
Resting in Peace

Re: Drug and Alcohol Dendency Unit on Avenue Parade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
At the meeting in Scaitcliffe House, the Doctor who was joint chair of the meeting asked the Residents if they would like to see the building left as it is now, derelict, or turned into a smart, modern resource facility!! Rather suggesting it was..either..or!! No other suggestions as to its future use have so far been put forward by the PCT, despite them being asked what other options they had been or could be considering.

I rather feel you qualify more for the Gold Award than I!!!

Best Regards - Taggy
Oh well, never had a Gold Award before ...

Just you made it sound that the PCT were going to behave in a churlish manner and punish the residents for daring to object, which is probably far from the truth.

I am pleased for you that your campaign worked. I do feel a unit such as this is required locally however, and hope they can sort out premises.

I have quite a lot of sympathy for drug addicts and alcoholics myself, as teenagers are persuaded into all types of addictions when young and vulnerable. How many of us do not carry alcohol in the house ?

Feel sure, the PCT will now take another look at this building for a much needed requirement that is missing in Accrington, and for which they can obtain funding ... this building was the obvious one.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote