View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 20:31   #104
katex
Resting in Peace

Re: Drug and Alcohol Dendency Unit on Avenue Parade

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
disagree it was the obvious one, i think more obvious is the one set back on nuttall street, which at the moment is used fer counselling and the like, move that facilty to peel house n put the re-hab there. less housing, near police station, also not a main walkway to junior schools.
When I say obvious one Cashy, I meant most financially viable (you always complaining about various bodies wasting our tax money !)... presume the PCT owned the Peel House premises already ?

Don't know the one on Nuttall Street, but will go and take a look. What do you mean by counselling ? There are still residents around this area, and hope that Taggy will support the cause to not have it here if it ever came about that nearby residents would object. Who owns this building anyway ?

You can't just pinpoint a building and say best there, as owned by other vendors and not easy to purchase (suggestion of the Fire Station was absolutely ridiculous, as already planning permission submitted !).

Can't see that any children would be passing the Peel House to get to school anyway .. all primary schools the nearest .. Peel Park, St. John's .. nowhere near. Lots more would be walking along Nuttall Street of the more vulnerable age of teenage years.

I am not in anyway criticising the Avenue Parade residents for objecting to this unit in their tree lined street at all. You do what you feel is correct for yourself and fellow neighbours.

I would not object at all if the unit was next to my house ... would probably offer to help in some way .. and, believe me, I am no Saint.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote