View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008, 20:34   #3
katex
Resting in Peace

Re: Snowball Incident

Nearly put this up myself Caz, just couldn't make my mind up how I felt about it ..

It was rather controversial to put the lad in the car, and, yes, he would say that it was not him that threw one of the snowballs wouldn't he ?

I have done this myself in Clayton a couple of times. Once on Barnes Square with my grandaughter in the car .. she had her passenger window open, and this gang of about 12 lads hurled one into my car. Hmm messy. I, naturally, saw Red, got out and chased them across the Barnes Square Methodist Church grounds. 'Course couldn't catch them .. not sure what I would have done if I had.

The second time was in Grange Street. Lads sat on the park wall .. again grandaughter in car, bloody furious I can tell you. Stopped car ... few of the cowards ran off. The two that stood their ground refused cockily to give me their name and address, but I managed to get a few choice words in of the dangers of this 'sport'. Not a good result at all really ... so maybe would have been better chucking one of 'em into the back of the car and planting on the doorstep of the Police Station.

Last edited by katex; 05-12-2008 at 20:39.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote