Thread: Shrink Wrapping
View Single Post
Old 22-12-2008, 22:07   #5
katex
Resting in Peace

Re: Shrink Wrapping

Quote:
Originally Posted by emzy View Post
The card shop on broadway do their own wrapping in that clear stuff, am sure they would do it for you for a small cost. Failing that, the shop on warner street will probably sell sheets of the clear wrapping, all you need would be a bow and some ribbon to finish it off (i made hampers up for a few people for christmas a few years back and I did them myself just by placing the basket in the middle of a large sheet of that clear plastic wrapping, gathering it up, a couple of staples at the sides to make sure it was secure and a big bow and curled ribbon around the gathered part to finish it off)
Spot on Emzy. Brother won a hamper from Marks and Spencer last week in a raffle (gave to me ..). Was done just as you describe .. looked gorgeous. Did have lots of curly type straw to rest the items on (no idea where you would get this from), tissue paper would do though. It was put in a lovely black straw tray, which you can have if you wish Bernie ... can't see that I would have any use for it in the future.

Also, did you watch Corrie tonight? Norris had fictionally won one from Harrods and done up similarly although the bow was not as elaborate.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote